1. Moon Willow Press, which hosts and writes BCRainforest.com, has a summer reading program until September 8. We offer free Kindle downloads every single weekend! If you buy any of our paperback titles, you’ll be entered into a drawing to win a free Amazon gift card. A portion of sales for all books sold during this time will be donated to Eco-Libris: Plant a tree for every book you read. Read and plant trees this summer!
2. The third reading of Bill C38 passed. Please check out this link, which summarizes the omnibus budget bill.
3. Don’t forget to check out our Great Bear Rainforest Series. I’m working on two more articles, one on salmon and one on the people of the forest, to be out by the end of the year.
4. Moon Willow Press will once again organize this year’s 100,000 Poets for Change in Vancouver, September 29th. We’re still working on the details of the event. Please pass the word. Last year–the first year of this annual poetry event, organized by Michael Rothenberg–Vancouver poets attended a beach cleanup and read at the Carnegie Center. The readers focused on poetry related to clean water, social justice, and the Great Bear Rainforest. Jolan Bailey of ForestEthics also gave a presentation.
5. Rainforest News is a new section containing links to stories dealing with the Pacific temperate rainforest in BC. I’ve also begun a section of links containing organizations that work for the rainforest. If you have any you would like to add, please contact me.
Have a wonderful first part of July, and we’ll be back soon!